Home to our first camp back in 2002, Africa is where we developed the Camps model of working hand in hand with local communities. The sense of community is inspiring and Africa’s natural beauty, jaw dropping. With around 51% of the population living in poverty it is clear that our work in East Africa is absolutely essential to bettering the lives of the communities we work with.
- Climbing Mt Kenya, Mt Meru or Kilimanjaro
- Going on a big game safari
- Playing football with the local children
- Cooking chapattis with local women
- Watching a red african sunset over the savannah
South East Asia
From the steamy jungles to tropical beaches, there’s history and culture at every turn. The people of this region have had a troubled past, the kindness and positivity of even the poorest communities is overwhelming. Attendance of secondary school is frighteningly low and deforestation rates are high. Our projects in the region focus on improving education infrastructure and combating deforestation.
- Visiting the mystical temples of Angkor Wat
- Cruising through the jungle on a boat at sunset
- Sleeping in a hammock deep in the jungle
- Teaching english to an eager class of children
- Scuba diving in the crystal clear waters
The Amazon rainforest, Inca ruins, Andean peaks and the unique Galapagos Islands – South America sets the scene for some serious adventure. Over 50% of the rural communities living in the highlands live below the poverty line. We are focusing on combatting high malnutrition levels, building greenhouses and educating on nutrition. Planting trees by the thousands, we care about the environment hugely in this uniquely biodiverse part of the world.
- Trekking to World Heritage Site, Machu Picchu
- Meeting tribes in the Amazon Rainforest
- Exploring the world famous Galapagos Islands
- Visit Lake Titicaca – highest navigable lake on earth
- Dance with the local Quechua communities