We believe fundraising is such a valuable part of your Camps Journey and are here to help from the very start. We know at first it can seem like a mountain, but we believe that you can do it, and you should too! That’s why we want to share our top ways to get you started for success.
Before you jump straight in, it’s important to think about a few things, such as… What is your personality type? What are your hobbies? What have you always wanted to try? By checking in with what you enjoy and what makes you happy before you start, you are sure to have FUN along the way, which is a key part!
It’s best to start with fundraiser’s that don’t take too much time planning, to ensure you are able to get your deposit raised quickly, but also boost your confidence to keep the momentum going all the way to departure!
Here are our top 10 ideas to get started;
- Chocolate and lollies sales – Setting up a chocolate box stand through in a family member or friends office, sales at school, and to your friends and neighbours. This idea works great because it doesn’t cost much to get started, and you can fundraise bit by bit daily.
- Coffee Mornings – Pick a day each week and set up a coffee stand or deliver an office’s coffee order in the morning for an additional delivery fee per coffee. Pick one day each week so people know to hold off on the morning coffee before work!
- Yard-Sale/Car Boot Sales – Ask friends and family members if they have any old sporting equipment, clothing, books, tools etc to donate. You can then hold a big sale and all proceeds will go towards your expedition! This helps everyone to re-use items, up-cycle and clear out unwanted items. You can also post items from your sale online to keep the sale going!
- Sausage Sizzle – Sausage Sizzles are a great way to host your first event, which doesn’t take too much planning time. Contact your local grocery store, community centre, or Bunnings to get started. *Top Tip* Ask a local butcher or grocer for donations towards the products you will be using that day and offer to advertise their business at your event!
- Bake Sales – These are lots of fun to get started with, you can make them themed around your expedition or even a seasonal theme depending on the time of year. Setting them up at your community centre, school, or at a local event is a great way to get a lot of people visiting your sale, and when promoting your event, you can even do pre-orders to avoid making too much!
- Odd Jobs – Odd jobs are a fan favourite as you get to mix up your fundraising each time. From car washing, pet sitting, dog walking, lawn work, and babysitting, this helps you get out into the community and try new things. It also works towards gaining new skills, and a potential part-time job!
- Craft Sales – For those who love to use their creativity, now is the chance to shine. From making jewellery, paintings or plant pots, the possibilities are endless. Set up a stall to sell them at local markets, within your community, and online.
- Go Fund Me – Once you sign up to your expedition, it’s a great idea to create an online platform where you can shout about upcoming fundraising events, sell things online, and keep a Go Fund Me account running alongside, which supporters can donate to as well.
- Workshops – If you or someone you know is an expert on a certain cuisine, craft or sport – why not host a workshop evening or afternoon? With the amount of success from the first one, this will be sure to set you up with a platform for many more! You can charge per ticket entry, and maybe add some refreshments for an additional donation?
- Tournament – You have so many options when creating a tournament, whether it’s a sporting tournament, video game, or good old fashion board games. Charge a small entry fee and ask for prize donations for the winner. Don’t forget a refreshment booth for added fundraising success.
Remember! The Camps Team is always here to support you along this journey, so please get in contact with us if you have any questions at all.
We also want to hear all about how your fundraising is going, and so does everyone else! Sharing your fundraising story helps to motivate others who are just starting out – it shows that they can do it too!
To contact us please call the office, or email us from the details below;
Phone: 03 8582 8750